Randall G. Knox
Email: Contact Randall G. Knox
Phone: (415) 765-7500
Fax: (415) 765-7501
Mr. Knox is AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for his professionalism and ethics.
- Criminal defense
- White collar crime
- Driving while intoxicated
- Drug crimes
- Juvenile criminal law
- Massachusetts, 1978
- New York, 1983
- California, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
- Boston University, J.D., 1978
— Director, Moot Court Board
— Student Prosecutor
- Webster College, B.A., 1975
— History and Political Science Department Honors
— Dean’s List, last three semesters
- Certified Specialist, Criminal Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- The Law Office of Randall Knox, San Francisco, 1993-present. Criminal defense.
- McCutchen, Doyle, Brown & Enersen, San Francisco, 1991-1993. Senior associate.
- White collar criminal, environmental, civil and pro bono litigation.
- San Francisco District Attorney’s Office, San Francisco, 1986-1991. Assistant
- District Attorney. Criminal prosecutions.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, San Francisco, 1983-1986. Conference Attorney. Civil appellate mediation and motions practice.
- LeBoeuf, Lamb, Leiby & MacRae, New York, New York, 1981-1983. Corporate litigation associate.
- Senior Law Clerk to the Hon. Clyde S. Cahill, Jr., U.S. District Judge, Eastern District of Missouri, Saint Louis, Missouri, 1980-1981.
- Staff Counsel, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1978-1980. Research and memoranda writing in criminal and civil appeals.
- Prisoners’ Rights Project, Boston, Massachusetts, 1977-78. Legal intern.
Associations and Memberships
- Commissioner, Board of Appeals, City and County of San Francisco, 2004-2008; President, 2007-2008
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Board of Directors, 2004-present; Lawyer Referral Service Committee, 1994-present; Chair, 2001-2004; Criminal Justice Advisory Council, 1988-1990, 1994-present; Criminal Justice Executive Committee, 1994-present
- Northern California Criminal Trial Lawyers Association, President, 2006-2010
Board of Legal Specialization, 2001-2003; Criminal Law Advisory Committee, 1990-1993; Examination Coordinator, 1992
- San Francisco Youth Court Judge
- Wiley Manuel Law Foundation Board Member
- Volunteer Center of San Francisco Board Member
- National Black Prosecutors Association
- California District Attorneys Association
- Associate Professor, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, Legal Writing and Research and Trial Advocacy.
- Speaker, Bar Association of San Francisco, Criminal Justice Executive Committee, working with Investigators.
- Environmental Crimes, Chapter 7, Criminal Procedure: An Overview, McGraw-Hill.
- Developments in Criminal Corporate Liability, The Practitioner, Daily Journal.
- A Prisoner’s Self-Help Handbook on Detainers (Outstanding Warrants), Prisoners’
- Rights Project, Boston
- The Law Office of Randall Knox serves clients throughout San Francisco and the Bay Area.